Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Good Experience Today



Have You Ever Help An Elderly Person Cross The Road?

Today, I went to the groceries to buy some stuffs but to go there, I need to cross the road. On my way there, I saw an elderly Chinese male with a stick on his right hand was already halfway ahead of me. It was a two-way road, with a divider in the centre. When I was just about to cross the road he was already on another side. What surprised me that he walked so slowly and took a small step each time. Initially I thought he was having Parkinsonian like gait but unlikely.

Then I saw another car came from the nearby junction. He looked hesitant to continue crossing as if thinking 'want to cross or not' and then he stopped in the middle of the road. He just stopped there for a moment. The front car in the same speed but I know the driver would slow down if he get nearer and allow the old man to walk first. But I'm quite worried so I hurried toward him and help him to cross. His pace was very slow and definitely was not a normal one. Maybe had a previous stroke, well I don't know. I followed his slow pace, then taking a small stairs and let him go when I satisfied. Maybe he went to some Chinese restaurant or shop I'm not so sure.

What came to my mind was, did he have to do this so many times? With nobody to accompany him? I wonder if he stays on the neighborhood area opposite the road side. Even I myself don't like to cross that road to go to the shops, because cars there are always driven so fast. And usually that road passed by lots of cars. I always make sure to turn right and left well enough and walk very fast. Maybe that time was just before noon, so not much cars pass by. But still, road is a dangerous spot, which is well- known for accident , not only among the drivers, but also the passers-by. Accident is preventable if everyone follows the rule..

Actually deep inside, I felt so happy to help him. This is my first time helping people cross the road, someone whom I don't know, and it just happened like that- action in seconds. Without much thinking but using a common sense. lol.. Still, a very good experience for me. 


-by NOTCAR99-

bubblews

No comments: